Version 4.2.2 of SciTE has been released. Scintilla Text Editor is an open source and cross platform text editor. It uses the open source Scintilla Text Editor library, which is from the same makers. This library is also used by other programs, including Notepad ++. Downloads are available for Windows and Linux, and a commercial version for macOS can be found in Apple’s app store. In addition, there is a stand-alone executable that can be conveniently carried on a USB stick. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Move rather than grow selection when insertion at start. Bug # 2140.
- Allow target to have virtual space. Add methods for finding the virtual space at start and end of multiple selections. Feature # 1316.
- SciTE on Win32 adds mouse button “Forward” and “Backward” key definitions for use in properties like user.shortcuts. Feature # 1317.
- Lexer and folder added for Hollywood language. Feature # 1324.
- HTML lexer treats custom tags from HTML5 as known tags. These contain “-” like “custom-tag”. Feature # 1299.
- HTML lexer fixes bug with some non-alphabetic characters in unknown tags. Feature # 1320.
- Fix bug in properties file lexer where long lines were only styled for the first 1024 characters. Bug # 1933.
- Ruby Lexer recognizes squiggly heredocs. Feature # 1326.
- Avoid unnecessary IME caret movement on Win32. Feature # 1304.
- Clear IME state when switching language on Win32. Bug # 2137.
- Fixed drawing of translucent rounded rectangles on Win32 with Direct2D. Bug # 2144.
- Setting rectangular selection made faster. Bug # 2130.
- SciTE reassigns * .s extension to the GNU Assembler language from the S + statistical language
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris, Windows 8, Windows 10|