It took some effort for the developers of PHP, but finally there is version 4.3.3 of this popular Hypertext Preprocessor. A lot has been improved, everyone is recommended to upgrade so that websites can be tinkered with in complete safety and with some extra features:
- Improved the engine to use POSIX/socket IO where feasible.
- Fixed several potentially hazardous integer and buffer overflows.
- Fixed corruption of multibyte character including 0x5c as second byte in multipart/form-data.
- Fixed each() to be binary safe for keys.
- Major improvements to the NSAPI SAPI.
- Improvements to the IMAP extension.
- Improvements to the InterBase extension.
- Added DBA handler ‘inifile’ to support ini files.
- Added long options into CLI & CGI (eg –version).
- Added a new parameter to preg_match*() that can be used to specify the starting offset in the subject string to match from.
- Upgraded the bundled Expat library to version 1.95.6
- Upgraded the bundled PCRE library to version 4.3
- Upgraded the bundled GD library to version GD 2.0.15
- Over 100 various bug fixes!