Cypherix has released version 188.8.131.52 of Cryptainer LE. This program meets the increasing demand for privacy by creating encrypted and password-protected virtual drives called vaults. The Blowfish 448-bit and AES 256-bit encryption ensures that the files on it can only be accessed by those who know the password. With the free variant, called Cryptainer LE, volumes up to 25MB can be created, but Cypherix sells three other variants that can raise that limit to 50GB. Cryptainer can also be installed as a stand-alone on a USB memory stick, so that it can be used on another machine without having to install the program. A changelog is not available, so we list all possibilities for you:
Real Time File and Folder Protection
- Cryptainer LE’s high-security “On the Fly” disk encryption technology ensures that your data is safe at all times even when you are surfing the net. Simply drag and drop to encrypt.
- Cryptainer LE is fast! You will barely notice the difference in speed as compared to a regular “Copy Paste” function.
- The Secure Email module allows for the creation of self extracting encrypted files. The recipient need not have Cryptainer LE installed to decrypt the files, all that is required is the password.
No Format Limitations
- Cryptainer LE encrypts every kind of file format, whether it is textual, tabular, graphical, organized in a database, audio or video.
- Cryptainer LE can create volume files on removable media. This allows for the flexibility to store and port data on removable media like Zip disks, tape drives, removable drives (Flash Disks, USB drives, pen drives etc.). It also allows users to password protect files and folders on CD ROMs, DVDs etc.
- Cryptainer LE works with most 32 bit versions of Microsoft Windows including Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP as well as MS Windows supported file systems like FAT, FAT12, FAT32, NTFS, NTFS with EFS, etc.
- When you start Cryptainer LE, the virtual drive will appear as a drive (like E: or F: ) in your “My Computer” folder within Windows Explorer. You can even view it through the MS-DOS prompt. Once unloaded, the drive disappears.
Standard Windows Functions
- Cut, copy, paste, new file/folder creation, etc., can be used within the encrypted drive.
Customized, Easy to Remember Passwords
- Your passphrase can be an alphanumeric combination of up to 100 characters; hence you can use long phrases that are easier to remember.[break]
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|