Version 5.20 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. Version 5.0 has included a switch to Python 3, various improvements have been made to the e-book viewer and there is now also a dark mode for the e-book viewer and content server. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- E-book viewer: Highlights: Make URLs in the notes for highlights clickable.
- Book details: Ctrl-clicking on tags now adds them to the existing search instead of replacing it. Close tickets: 1930136.
- E-book viewer: Allow using the back button to return from jumping to a search result
- Get books: Fix the Kobo store plugin for changes to the website.
- Edit book: Fix non breaking spaces in snippets being converted to normal spaces. Close tickets: 1929827.
- ToC Editor: Fix a regression that caused changes to not be saved on machines where running a worker process takes more than ten seconds. Close tickets: 1930466.
- Fix error when changing the “Search the net” URLs for the Content server.
Improved news sources
- Jerusalem Post
- Popular Science
- Ambito Financiero
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|