After two previews of QuickTime 7, Apple has just released the final version of its media player. The program is available for both Mac and Windows, but only for Windows 2000 and XP. The biggest innovation, it will be known by now, is support for the h.264codec that not only plays high definition media, but also lets you watch movies on mobile devices. Some examples of files created with the h.264 codec can be found at this page are being found. Below is an overview of the innovations in QuickTime 7:
New features in QuickTime 7 Player for Windows
- H.264 video playback. Watch movies created with this state-of-the-art, standards-based codec, which delivers exceptional-quality video.
- surround sound. With QuickTime 7, your PC, and surround speakers, you can enjoy the full effect of your surround sound game or movie.
- New and improved playback controls. Easily change settings including jog shuttle, playback speed, bass, treble, and balance.
- Zero configuration streaming. QuickTime automatically determines your optimal Internet connection speed and reconnects dropped connections.
- live resize. Playback continues smoothly as you change the size of the QuickTime Player window
New features in QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows
- Create H.264 video. Create incredible-looking video for any use, from 3G for mobile devices to HD.
- Create surround sound. Create a rich multimedia experience by adding multichannel audio to your movie.
- Floating controls. Easily access functions like pause, play, fast-forward, and rewind while watching full-screen movies.
- Background exporting. Export your movie in the background and continue with your next playback or editing task.
- Improved movie authoring. The all-new Movie Properties facilitates simple and efficient movie authoring.
- Automate with VB Script. Automate your QuickTime workflow with native VB Script support in QuickTime 7. Developers can also use VB Script to access the new QuickTime Active X control for creating custom multimedia applications.
[break]The following downloads are available:
Apple QuickTime 7 for Windows 2000 or XP
Apple QuickTime 7 for Mac OS X
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, macOS|