Xfire has been updated to version 1.42. This program is specially designed for gamers. It looks like a standard IM program, but in addition to chatting there is also the possibility to see from the people on the contact list which game they are playing. Then one can simply add oneself to that game. At the moment, according to this page more than 350 games are supported, of which 129 games can be directly joined from the program via “Instant Joining”. The changelog of this release shows the following changes:
Release notes for 1.42
- Xfire In-Game now uses your keyboard settings as configured in Windows (for example, Dvorak keyboard and azerty keyboard users will get that key mapping).
- Added support for joining Battlefield 2 servers (for Battlefield 2 version 1.01).
- Added a new dialog for new installations that prompt you to add a friend.
- Fixed a few spelling mistakes and typos in group chat.
- Added Xfire In-Game support to
- Direct3D 9 games
- PainKiller, PainKiller Battle Out of Hell, Need for Speed Underground 2, Act of War: Direct Action, Tony Hawk Underground 2
- Direct3D 8 games
- Knight Online, Operation Flashpoint, Operation Flashpoint: Resistance, Vietcong, Vietcong: Fist Alpha, Rise of Nations, Rise of Nations: Thrones & Patriots, Ghost Recon, Morrowind
- Direct3D 7 games
- Aliens vs Predator 2
- OpenGL games
- Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
- Status field in the infoview should now be updated properly if your friend has a custom status message.
- Fixed an Xfire In-Game bug that would show messages originating from yourself.
- Fixed a problem with Xfire In-Game showing a blank name if the sender’s nick has certain non-ASCII characters.
- Added an Xfire In-Game notification message if you’re disconnected from the Xfire servers.
- Reworked a lot of the internal structure of the main list view to reduce bugs.
- Reworked a lot of the internal structure of the download server to scale better with the huge number of people downloading files.
- New games supported: Mojo Master, Juiced, Zoo Tycoon, Need for Speed II SE, Need for Speed High Stakes, Need for Speed III, Need for Speed Porsche Unleashed, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit 2, Half-Life 2 Capture the Flag, Half-Life 2 Substance, Half-Life 2 Gary’s Mod, CounterStrike 2D, Continuum (yes, we read the boards), Mafia, Cold Fear, and COR.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows 2000, Windows XP|