Version 3.0.36 of Samba was released on Wednesday, which according to the developers is the last version will be from the 3.0 series. This program runs on Unix, BSD and Linux servers and is able to provide file and/or printer services to Windows clients via the so-called Common Internet File System protocol. Extensive documentation, including practical how-tos, can be found at this page are being found. The changelog for this release looks like this:
Changes since 3.0.35
- BUG 5906: Fix Winbind crash on ‘getent group’.
- BUG 6066: netinet/ip.h present but cannot be compiled on Solaris.
- BUG 4308: Excel save operation corrupts file ACLs.
- BUG 6099: In order to allow Win7 to connect to a Samba NT style
- BUG 6279: Fix Winbind crash. PDC we set the flags before we know if it’s an error or not.
- Fix logic error in try_chown.
- Correctly use chroot().
- Fix bug in processing of open modes in POSIX open.
- Don’t install the cifs.upcall binary twice.
- BUG 4640: Fix guest mounts in mount-cifs.
- Fix mount.cifs handling or -V option.
- Prevent segmentation fault on joining a very long domain name.
- Don’t try and delete a default ACL from a file.
- Add workaround for MS KB932762.
- BUG 4370: Cleanup entries in /etc/mtab after unmount.
- Add fakemount (-f) and nomtab (-n) flags to mount.cifs.
- Fix a crash during name resolution when log level >= 10 and libc segfaults if printf is passed NULL for a “%s” arg (eg. Solaris).
- BUG 6085: Fix build of vfs_default.
- BUG 6098: When the DNS server is invalid, the ads_find_dc() does not work correctly.
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris, UNIX|