Version 6.5.5 of Notepad++ has been released. This comprehensive text editor has various features that are especially useful for programmers, such as syntax highlighting for C, C++, Java, html, XML and php, among others. The program also offers the possibility to edit more than one document at the same time or even to maintain one document in two different places. If you want to use the latest version, you will have to pick it up yourself. Notepad++’s built-in updater only offers updates 1 week after their appearance in order to be able to fix any serious bugs. The major changes and improvements made in this release can be found below.
New features and bug fixes:
- Add character encoding auto-detection feature.
- Fix the word-completion hanging problem by typing Chinese in ANSI document under Chinese Windows 7/8 64 bits.
- Enable word completion in ANSI document under CJK environment.
- Add wildcard capacity for file name argument in command line.
- Add new command line argument “-r” for opening files recursively (with wildcard characters).
- Fix the crash bug while setting current document as Objective-C source code.
- Fix rename not replacing the existing file bug.
- Enhance Function list feature: reload on saving.
- Enhance Function list feature: better recognition of perl function.
- Fix sorting path in Windows document dialog makes Notepad++ crash.
- Fix the no extension column setting for Doc Switcher not initialized
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8|