Florian Heidenreich has released version 2.87 of Mp3tag. With this program the meta tags of the most common music formats can be adapted. Support is provided for ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, mp4, wma, Vorbis-comments and Ape tags. Furthermore, the filenames can be adjusted on the basis of these tags and playlists can be generated. In this edition the following changes and improvements have been made:
- Added option to enable / disable auto-filtering filter to filter helper menu. (# 41013)
- Placeholder% _tool% for MP3 now contains used LAME encoder version (if present).
- Added MusicBrainz tag source for search via album name based on MusicBrainz.org XML Web Service v2. (# 19714, # 19721)
- Added MusicBrainz cover-only tag source for search via album name based on MusicBrainz.org XML Web Service v2.
- Reimplemented MP3 audio info parsing.
- Reverted change from v2.86f where language identifier and description were not displayed for UNSYNCEDLYRICS if both are default (‘eng’ and empty). (# 41109)
- Updated internally used libraries
- Do not display language identifier and description for UNSYNCEDLYRICS if both are default (“scary” and empty).
- Improved mapping of Matroska tag fields.
- Files that were moved are now kept in file list independent of the target location. (# 19786)
- MusicBrainz multi-disc releases were not parsed correctly.
- Failed to write tags to Matroska files where SeekHead could not be directly expanded. (# 40933)
- Navigating with tab key on tag panel did not scroll in the case input field was outside the visible region. (# 41132)
- Check for updates did not work on some systems (since v2.86f).
- Toolboxes for Tag Panel input fields did not display ampersand characters. (# 41114)
- Uncommitted changes to the filter text in manual filtering mode gave unexpected filter result when re-enabling the filter. (# 41116)
- Saving UNSYNCEDLYRICS for ID3v2 in the text. (# 11617)
- Keyboard shortcuts Ctrl + N and Ctrl + Shift + N did not commit while in file-list editing mode.
- Keyboard shortcut Ctrl + S for saving tag-panel contents was active in file-list editing mode and discarded input. (# 19760)
- Another runtime error when performing drag’n’drop from external applications
- WAV files> 2GB could not be tagged. (# 40989)
- Some links in about dialog were broken. (# 40978)
- Installation mode could not be changed via keyboard
- Runtime error when editing in file list in some cases (since 2.86c).
- UI became unresponsive in case many operations were executed via tag write or actions. (# 40907, # 40923)
- Runtime error when performing sequential drag’n’drop from multiple applications
- Runtime error when inserting cover via extended tag dialog when underlying files have been replaced
- Auto-save did not remove varied cover art when removed via tag panel. (# 40836)
- Runtime error when changing library settings while performing other file operations. (# 40797)
- Scripting function $ strstr did return nothing instead of 0 if the search string was not found. (# 19637)
- Runtime error when performing undo via keyboard shortcut while in-place editing in the file list.
- Fields from a subset of files were erroneously shown in some cases.
- Anything else than lower-case% _filename% did not allow column editing when used in column configuration. (# 19797)
- Cover mimetypes were not parsed for APEv2 tags in some cases (since 2.86). (# 19754)
- Runtime error when reading malformed APEv2 cover that has no cover data.