Version 5.0.0 of MKVToolnix has been released. MKVToolnix is a collection of open source programs that allow viewing, editing, and conversion of Matroska files. For example, unnecessary sound tracks and subtitles can be removed or set as default. They are separate command line tools, but a graphical user interface is included. Versions are available for download for Windows, many Linux distributions, and Mac OS X. This release includes the following changes and improvements:
Changes in version 5.0.0:
- build system: libEBML 1.2.2 and libMatroska 1.3.0 are required for building. If external versions are not found or if they’re too old then the included versions will be used as a fallback.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: The “writing application” element will not be localized but always be written in English.
- mkvmerge: new feature: MPEG TS: mkvmerge will extract the track languages from a corresponding clpi (clip info) file. That file is searched for in the same directory and in ../CLIPINF and must have the same base name but with the “.clpi” extension.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: Added new stereo mode options to match the current specs. The new options are “anaglyph_green_magenta” (12), “both_eyes_laced_left_first” (13) and “both_eyes_laced_right_first” (14).
- mkvmerge: The –stereo-mode named option “anaglyph” was renamed to “anaglyph_cyan_red” to match the specs. The numerical value (10) remains unchanged.
- mkvextract: bug fix: Fixed attachment number displayed during extraction. Fix for bug 663.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: MPEG TS: Added support for HDMV PGS subtitles.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: MPEG TS: Added support for DTS HD Master Audio tracks.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: MPEG TS: Streams that are mentioned in the PMT but do not actually contain data are neither reported during identification nor muxed.
- mkvmerge: new feature: MPEG TS: Added support for reading the language code.
- mmg: enhancement: Added MPEG transport streams to the “add file” dialog file selector.
- mkvmerge: new feature: MPEG TS: Added support for normal DTS tracks.
- mkvmerge: Tons of fixes and additions to the MPEG transport stream demuxer.
- build system: configure will accept external versions of libEBML and libMatroska again. Minimum required versions are libEBML 1.2.1 and libMatroska 1.1.0.
- All: Updated the French translation with a complete set by DenB (see AUTHORS).
- mmg: mmg respects the XDG Base Directory Specification regarding its configuration files (environment variable $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/mkvtoolnix if set, otherwise ~/.config/mkvtoolnix).
- all: Added an Lithuanian translation by Mindaugas Baranauskas (see AUTHORS).
- mkvmerge: new feature: Implemented a MPEG transport stream demuxer.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: When looking for MPEG files with the same base name as a source file mkvmerge will be stricter what it accepts. The file name must consist of at least one char followed by “-” or “_” followed by a number. That will match VTS_01_1.VOB but not eg “some_series_s03e10.mpg”.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Opening MPEG files with numbers in their name from folders with eg Cyrillic names failed on Windows.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Several elements are not written when creating WebM compliant files. In the segment headers: SegmentUID, SegmentFamily, ChapterTranslate, PreviousSegmentUID, NextSegmentUID. In the track headers: MinCache, MaxCache and MaxBlockAdditionID.
- mkvmerge: enhancement: Sped up file identification by caching read operations.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed identifying QuickTime/MP4 files that start with a ‘skip’ atom.
- mkvmerge: bug fix: Fixed a crash when reading AVI files with DTS audio tracks that do not contain valid headers in the first couple of packets. Fix for bug 646.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|