Paramount Software has released a new version of Macrium Reflect. With this program a disk image of a partition or hard disk can be created. In addition to the free version, there are also paid performances those different extras such as being able to perform a file backup or an incremental backup, encryption, and restore the backup to hardware other than the one on which it was created. In version 8.0.7097 the following changes and improvements have been made:
- If the scheduler fails to launch Reflect, a diagnostic error code will now appear in the scheduler history.
- SQL authentication credentials could fail to save causing scheduled backups to fail. This has been resolved.
Technician’s USB Media
- Expired Technician’s USB sticks would sometimes crash on startup, rather than giving a “This Technicians’ media has expired” message box. This has been resolved.
- ReFS volumes on dynamic disks were shown as “Unformatted” in Reflect Server. This has been resolved.
- Restores and Clones. We’ve improved the handling of logical partitions on MBR disk to grow the containing extended partition to the end of the disk.
- We’ve Improved the support for meta block groups on Linux EXT2+ formatted file-systems. Previously, fragmented Group Descriptors could cause the file system to show as unformatted
Macrium Reflect General
- The trial registration process could be blocked on Server 2003. This has been resolved.
- In dark mode, the Mount Exchange Backup dialog’s backup tree was not being themed correctly. This has been resolved.
- On the Scripts tab, the Add Script button will now always be enabled.
- ‘mrauto.exe’ caused Reflect to fail to start when using invalid chars in backup filename. This has been resolved.
- A different backup file could be selected in Existing backups view after canceling Run backup/Edit Comment/etc. This has been resolved.
Macrium Image Guardian
- The Image Guardian Settings Events tab would not auto populate with Windows Events. This issue has been resolved.
- Various other minor fixes and changes to improve Macrium Reflect.
|Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2019, Windows 11