RG writes: “After exactly 2 weeks, the second desktop alpha of Gnome 2 has appeared. This release is only intended for developers and daredevils. The final version will not see the light until March 29th.” This is the changelog of this version:
- The tarballs included in the release. †
- Some very basic packages not distributed with this release, such as image libraries, popt, freetype and mozilla (for nautilus-mozilla). These should all be included with or available for your distribution.
- pkgconfig 0.8.0 (distributed with this release), gettext 0.10.39, byacc or pre-1.3 bison.
- python2 and expat xml modules for libglade (some modules require the libglade-convert script).
- openjade, Docbook DTD 4.1.2, and a valid system catalog file for scrollkeeper (which in turn is required by many desktop components for documentation).
- If you are installing the GNOME 2.0 platform libraries alongside 1.4, you *need* recent GNOME 1.4 developer platform packages [ there will be a full GNOME 1.4.1 release soon to rectify this – it will also include some cool stuff too 😉 ]†
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Linux x86|