On Thursday, version 0.69.2 of FreeNAS was released. With this package, a networked computer can be used as a NAS, so purely for data storage. The whole is based on M0n0wall, a stripped-down FreeBSD installation, and provided with a clear web interface. FreeNAS has support for Cifs (Samba), ftp, nfs, Rsync, ssh, local user authentication and software-raid-0, -1 and -5, among others. Installed, FreeNAS takes up no more than 32MB of space, so it can be easily transferred to a hard drive or USB stick. The changelog of this release shows the following changes:
- Add another WOOL patch. It has been tested for nfe(4) and xl(4). Thanks to Tobias Reber.
- Add switch in ‘System|Advanced’ WebGUI to enable the console screensaver (FR 2777301).
- Upgrade Adaptec SCSI RAID administration tool to 6.10.18359.
- Add ability to enable or disable rc.conf variables configured via ‘System|Advanced|rc.conf’.
- Add danish WebGUI translation. Thanks to all translators.
- Add kernel patches to get ARTiGO A2000 hardware working. Thanks to David Davis for the patches.
- Add ability to use %d (date) and %h (hostname) in email subjects (eg Services|UPS) (FR 2796141).
- Add ‘MaxLoginAttempts’ event to FTP ban list rules (FR 2777481).
- Add ‘ClientConnectRate’ event to FTP ban list rules.
- Allow selecting the key length of the cryptographic algorithm used to encrypt a disk (FR 2779692).
- Add system power control options to ‘System|Advanced|rc.conf’ (FR 2784889).
- Show FTP transfer log in ‘Diagnostics|Logs|FTP|Transfer’ (FR 2785325).
- Add filechooser button to ‘Home directory’ editbox in ‘Access|Users|Edit’ WebGUI (FR 2790909).
- Sort various lists displayed in the WebGUI using a ‘natural order’ algorithm (FR 2481934). Thanks to Marion Desnault for the patch.
- It was not possible to configure multiple FTP ban list rules. Thanks to Michael Son.
- Modify Fuppes UPnP configuration to get PS3 with firmware 2.70 working again (BR 2782729).
- Editing existing config items in WebGUI will display incorrect data (eg ‘System|Advanced|rc.conf’ or ‘System|Advanced|sysctl.conf’) (BR 2792956).
- Fix bug in WebGUI which is caused by unhandled special HTML characters used in various languages (BR 2793875).
- Set Quixplorer user permissions to ‘View only’ because of security reason because Quixplorer does not respect system user permissions (BR 2798934). If you want to allow users to modify file permissions set rc.conf variable ‘webfm_user_permissions’ to 1. If you want to deny all users to login into the Quixplorer WebGUI set ‘webfm_user_active’ to 0.
- Disk temperature not detected correct for SCSI devices (BR 2801565).
- Fix JPCERT/CC JVN#89791790 (Cross-site scripting vulnerability).
- It is not possible to format a SoftRAID disk with MSDOS FAT16/32.
- It is not possible to encrypt a disk partition, only complete disks are supported.
- It is not possible to get separate CPU stats per processor on SMP machines because FreeBSD does not support that feature.
- Enable ‘polling’ on interfaces used by a LAGG interface will make it inoperable.
- It is not possible to mount EXT2 disks with an inode size of 256 bytes. You have to format it with 128 bytes on Linux to use them on FreeBSD.
- If DHCP for IPv4 is used, the IPv6 statically configured DNS server will be overriden by the IPv4 DNS server.
|File sizes||30.50MB – 67.50MB|