Version 4.05 of EMDB has been released. EMDB, which stands for Eric’s Movie Database, is a free program that can be used to manage a movie collection. Although the download is less than 5MB, the program has extensive functionality. For example, relevant information from online databases such as IMDb, MovieMeter, TMDb and TheTVDB be retrieved, it can be kept track of which films have been borrowed and films on the hard disk can be started directly from the program. EMDB can be used in various languages. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Changes in release 4.05:
- IMDb Import: Added preliminary support for IMDb’s new Dark layout which is currently randomly served to some users. It seems still in test mode. For now EMDB tries to detect which page is served. Dark mode pages are not supporting all data properties yet. Full implementation will only be done after IMDb has switched for all users.
- System: Changed the base database location to User AppData Roaming following Microsoft guidelines. This will also prevent virus scanners like Avast preventing saving thumbnails. Your database (s) are moved the first time EMDB is started.
- TVSeries: Poster was not updated if TVDb image should be used as main image.
- User interface: Fix tooltips IMDb button Edit Cast and Edit Actor screens.
- TheMovieDb Import: Added option to import Brazilian Portuguese plot outlines and artwork.
- File import: Added EAN / UPC as option to import.
- TheMovieDb Import: Fixed double quotes in cast and character names.
- Rotten Tomatoes: Fixed manual update (based on tomato page url).
- User interface: Moved the Lock for Changes check to the bottom button bar in the Add / Edit screen.
- Translations: Updated the Arabic, Portuguese, Slovenian, German and Simplified Chinese translations.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|
|Website||Wicked & Wild Inc.|
|License type||Freeware / Paid|