Version 4.23.0 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert ebooks to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. You can also purchase books with Caliber at the well-known web stores. In version 4.0 we find a completely renewed Content Server, there is a new e-book viewer and Qt WebKit has been replaced by Qt WebEngine. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Kobo driver: Add support for new firmware. Also add recognition of ‘Kobo Plus’ subscription books.
- Edit book: Allow customizing the base background/foreground and link colors for the preview window. Close tickets: 1889925.
- Quickview panel: Add actions to the context menu to search for book in library, open in viewer, etc. Closes tickets: 1891765.
- Allow forcing caliber to remember the column width for the On device column by right clicking the header of the column.
- Template language: Add functions to perform math operations to convert fractional numbers to integers.
- Content server: Fix Esc key not working in several views. Close tickets: 1849958.
- Fix unable to delete default value for custom columns of boolean type, once set. Close tickets: 1889973.
- EPUB Output: When splitting dont consider files with only a single character empty.
- Comments editor: Fix syntax coloring for HTML view in dark mode.
- Book list: When a series column is not wide enough, elide text in the middle so that the series number is visible.
New news sources
- linuxnews.de and t3n.de by Volker Heggemann
Improved news sources
- El Diplo
- caliber Blog
- LA Times
- Winnipeg Free Press
- Popular Science
- Science News Recent Issues
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|