Version 4.16.0 of Caliber has been released. This open source ebook manager is available for Windows, Linux, and macOS. Among other things, it can look up all relevant information and cover images, and convert e-books to make them suitable for the various types of e-readers. Furthermore, the program can convert newspapers, magazines and news articles based on RSS feeds into e-book format. Books can also be purchased with Caliber at the well-known web stores. In version 4.0 we find a completely renewed Content Server, there is a new e-book viewer and Qt WebKit has been replaced by Qt WebEngine. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Viewer/Edit book fuzzy search: Ignore soft hyphens and zero-width joiner characters when searching for text. Close tickets: 1878046.
- Tag browser: Allow adding/removing tags/authors/etc. to the currently selected book by right clicking on that tag and choosing “Apply to selected books”. Close tickets: 1878308.
- Kobo driver: Add support for updated firmware.
- Manage categories dialog: When editing a value with multiple values selected, change them all.
- Book list column header context menu: Add an entry to resize the column to fit its current contents. Close tickets: 1878450.
- Show completions when editing tags/authors/series etc in the Tag browser and Manage tags dialog. Close tickets: 1878302.
- Quickview: Double clicking an item now searches for it. Close tickets: 1878393.
- Comments editor: Add an action to the context menu to smarten punctuation. Close tickets: 1876381.
- FB2 metadata: Add support for setting publisher and publish year.
- Edit book: Fix compress images losslessly failing for a few images on windows when there are a lot of images in the book. Close tickets: 1877066.
- Fix a regression in 4.13 that broke the user category editor for all custom columns. Close tickets: 1877101.
- Viewer: Fix font size changes not applying to monospaced fonts. Close tickets: 1876580.
Improved news sources
- Ars Technica
- Washington Post
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|