Scooter Software has released version 4.0.6 of Beyond Compare. With this very comprehensive program, which is available for Windows, Linux and now also for OS X, files can be compared with each other. In addition, it is possible to compare complete folders, ftp locations and archives. Beyond Compare is available in a standard and a pro version, for Prices that start at $30. The mutual differences can be this page are being found. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- Added support for non-interactively importing .bcpkg files.
- Fixed SSL/TLS connection issues.
- Changed secure connections to use TLS 1.0-1.2 rather than SSL3 and TLS 1.0.
- A settings package file (.bcpkg) can now be imported non-interactively from the command line using bcompare
- Fixed connecting to a UNC path without permission to access parent folders.
- Failed/cancelled copies will now delete partially transferred files if the target file was created during the copy.
- Fixed high-DPI scaling of Browse dialog’s “Quick Connect” panels.
- Fixed long translations or preset descriptions overwriting the summary label.
- Fixed support for canceling update downloads.
- OS X/Linux: Fixed support for “~/log.txt” style filenames in “LOG” command.
- Fixed issues with lines that only exist in the ancestor file when that panel is hidden in the display.
- Fixed problems connecting to older SSL servers.
- Fixed folders showing within themselves.
- Fixed support for filenames containing ‘#’.
- Fixed Hex Compare crash when resizing view.
- Fixed MP3/Registry/Version Compare crash when using Find with no items visible.
- Windows: Fixed crash when another application has the clipboard open.
- Fixed crash when reading files with malformed UTF-8 sequences.
- OS X: Fixed folder browse dialog crash when $HOME is set to a non-standard location.
- Fixed crash when importing sessions
|Version number||4.0.6 build 19729|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10|