Apple has released an update for the photo manager iPhoto ’09. The update has been given version number 8.1.2 and is just over 13MB in size. Apple iPhoto is part of iLife ’09 and is able to recognize faces and add geotags to photos, among other things. In this release, some improvements have been made to importing images and video clips, among other things, and now the correct image is displayed when a fifth-generation iPod nano is connected. The full changelog of this release looks like this:
- Fixes an issue where iPhoto sometimes quits unexpectedly when connecting to an iPhone 3GS.
- Addresses issue where an activity thumbnail is not created when only video clips are imported.
Support for iPod nano
- Correctly displays the iPod nano (5th generation) iPod icon in the source list.
- Fixes an issue where photos would not sync to iPhone, iPod, or Apple TV if a slideshow in the library used a song with an ampersand (&) in the file name.
Compatibility with iPad
- Provides support for importing photos into your iPhoto library from the iPad, as well as syncing photos to the iPad.