Ushering in the New Year with fireworks is not an option this year. You can, however, send a message with fireworks to other iPhone users. A nice animation appears on the iPhone, complete with sound and vibration effects: the entire screen is filled with fireworks. That is how it works!
Fireworks message iPhone
- Open the Messages app
- Select a chat in which you want to send your message or create a new conversation via the button at the top right.
- Write your message.
- Press longer or harder on the blue send arrow.
- Under Send with Effect, tap Screen, then swipe horizontally through the available effects.
- When you get to the ‘send with fireworks’ effect, tap the send button and your popping message will be sent with flares.
Or just tap ‘Happy New Year’!
It can be even easier, by the way.
- Open the Messages app.
- Type ‘Happy New Year’ and tap the send button.
Your message will be automatically sent with the fireworks animation! That only works if you use these words.
Pay attention: the effects can only be seen if the recipient also has an iPhone. Are you sending the message to someone with an Android device? Then the effect is not visible. Your message will be accompanied by a footnote such as: ‘Message sent with fireworks’.