Do you hear a song and don’t know what it’s called? Then the Shazam app has been the solution for years. The app listens via the microphone of your iPhone, and then knows exactly what song you are listening to. Since iOS 14.2 you have super fast access to Shazam. You can put a Shazam button in the control panel – and the app doesn’t even have to be on your iPhone!
Shazam button iOS 14.2 in control panel
You must first add the Shazam button to your control panel once. You do that like this:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap “Control Panel”.
- Under “More controls”, look for the “Music Recognition” button.
- Tap the plus sign in front of it. The button then jumps to the “Added controls”.
- The button is now in the control panel.
Recognize music with Shazam
When you hear a nice song that you don’t know, do the following:
- Open Control Center (on an iPhone with a Home button, swipe up from the bottom edge of the screen, on an iPhone without a Home button, swipe down from the top right corner).
- Tap the Shazam button and make sure the sound source can be heard.
- While your iPhone is listening, the blue Shazam icon will continue to pulse.
- When the song is recognized, a message will appear on the screen. You can also tap on that to listen to it in Apple Music.