On Thursday, September 19, you can download iOS 13 and iPadOS, Apple has just announced. That means that your iPhone and iPad get a lot of new features!
From iOS to iOS and iPadOS
The iPhone and iPad always had the same operating system: iOS. From now on, however, the two are split into iOS 13 and iPadOS. The two are basically the same. Most new functions are simply available on both devices. Only the iPad has some extra features that are not available for the iPhone
What’s new in iOS 13 and iPadOS?
Thanks to the update, your iPhone and iPad will have several new options. These are the most striking innovations:
- Dark mode. Last year on the Mac, now also on iPad and iPhone. With changing wallpapers!
- Memories. The app Memories has undergone a metamorphosis. This makes your to-do list much clearer.
- Search my . You will find everything with the Find my app. It is a combination of the former Find My iPhone and Find My Friends.
- Photos. You get many more tools to edit your photos. And all edits that you can apply to photos also work for videos! Moreover, your photo library looks more attractive.
- Sidecar . Do you have a Mac and an iPad? Then you can now use your iPad as a second screen!
In addition to these major innovations, there are also countless less noticeable additions. This way you can display memoji in more ways, there will be a predictive keyboard and the management of documents in the Files app will be more versatile. In the near future, you will read a lot of iOS 13 tips on this website!
Updating to iOS 13 and iPadOS
Updating to iOS 13 and iPadOS is therefore possible on 19 September, expected at 19.00 o’clock in the evening. Updating is completely free. The following iPhones and iPads are supported:
• iPhone: iPhone SE, iPhone 6s (Plus), iPhone 7 (Plus), iPhone 8 (Plus), iPhone X, iPhone XR and iPhone XS (Max).
• iPad: all iPad Pro models, iPad 5th and 6th generation, iPad Air 2 and 3rd generation, iPad mini 4 and 5.
• iPod touch: 7th generation.
This means that you cannot update the following devices for the first time:
- iPhone 6 (Plus)
- iPhone 5s
- iPod touch (6th generation)
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3  iPad Air (first generation)
New iPhones come standard with iOS 13.
Updates for all Apple operating systems
In addition to the iPhone and iPad, you will soon be able to update all your Apple devices. In addition to iOS 13 and iPadOS, you can soon also download the following operating systems:
- macOS Catalina for the Mac.
- watchOS 6 for the Apple Watch.
- tvOS 13 for the Apple TV.