Xtreamer has released a new firmware update for its media player of the same name. The Xtreamer is an inexpensive solution for playing and streaming media files from the optional built-in hard drive, a device on the internal network (wired or wireless), or from the Internet. There is a topic on our own GoT where more information about this budget media player can be found. Below are the changes that have been made in the 1.0.2 release:
- Improved 11n wireless connection and speed performance.
- Deleted MISC->TV system menu and added auto setting (TVOUT integrated).
- Added setup item index.
- Added Vietnam language menu.
- Added file extensions (m2t, m2p, m1v, m2v, rmp4, ram, ogm, mp1, mp2, flc, fla, ac3, dts, pcm).
- Displayed selected items on file manager.
- Modified Zoom function expansion (Video only).
- Improved setup->AV->digital out displays.
- Auto hide GOTO windows after applied.
- Subtitle letter size and position are auto saved.
- Added Prev, Next, chapter function for DVD file.
- Displayed EXIF date in picture info.
- Modified to print out actual file size while displaying picture file.
- Displayed the speed on screen if jukebox plays as variable speed.
- Enhanced internet connection and speed, and added waiting images.
- Improved RSS news UI.
- Improved YouTube UI.
- Modified DDNS URL to myxtreamer.net from xtreamer.net
- Linked file name for UPNP Media Server web page.
- Modified the screensaver applying Main menu, setup, and file manager.
- Removed Preview Menu in Setup -> Playback
- Preview mode can be applied separately to All/Music/Photo/Movies Menus. It will auto save this configuration.
- Movie preview will start from any random position (m2ts, ts file are not applied).
- Unified to one digital output setup from each HDMI and SPIDF in SETUP->AV
- Xtreamer web server Setup menu UI modified (Tabs in double line).
- Modified “Text Encoding” to SUB-T/ID3TAG in SETUP->system
- Modified UI or remote control “func” key in My_Shortcuts
- During movie playback change in Zoom and position value will be auto stored for each TV OUT (resolutions).
- Added x1.1, x1.2 during Movie/Music fast forward playback.
- Hide “RECYCLE”, “System volume Information”, “lost+found” folder on external HDD.
- Added Xtreamer news at Internet service.(release note, tip, news)
- Added user server address at UPNP setup to use internet service (RSS).
- Supported MKV external subtitles.
- Internet menu redecorated and lots of new channels added. (New Added ‘2009-08-07’)
- NFS Client: Added NFS client option in web setup menu. Now user can add/delete his/her NFS server directories to Xtreamer using web interface.
- Added HDMI Audio on/off option in SETUP->AV
- Fixed 12~13ch connection errors for 11n wireless.
- Fixed progressive status bar displaying before preview start playing at video preview mode.
- Fixed system down error when attempt playing Next or Prev file while info signal is on.
- Fixed warning message: “can not upload 0 bytes files” while uploading more than 2GB file.
- Fixed Arabic (added missing letters, and ANSI subtitle support) and Thai language display bugs.
- Fixed can’t playback mpeg, ts, dat, wmv extension from samba(cifs) with http server running on NAS device or PC.