The day after the release of a new version of PowerTools Lite, Macecraft Software also updated its big brother jv16 PowerTools 2009 with an update. This program is intended to tweak all kinds of things within Windows. For example, there are modules to determine which programs are started when Windows boots and you can search for duplicate files. Furthermore, the registry can be cleaned of unnecessary keys and made smaller, which has a beneficial effect on the performance of Windows. The changelog of this release shows, among other things, several improvements to the Windows registry cleaning module. For example, some bugs have been fixed and extra steps have been taken to not delete wrong keys. The full changelog of this release looks like this:
The updated version contains the following changes:
- Fixed a few bugs that caused the Registry Cleaner not to list certain errors (although valid errors).
- Improved the safety of the Registry Cleaner.
- Made the aggressive settings of the Registry Cleaner more aggressive.
- Improved the Debug Log system to create better log files with less duplicate information.
- Many bugs fixed, mostly cosmetic. See the full list of bugs fixed here: List of bug fixes included.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|