To be able to install version 6.2, a minimal version will be required. 6.0 must be present. Furthermore, it is only suitable for the nasmodellen of which the type number ends at 11 or higher. Version 6.2 will also be the last major update for a large number of devices with a model number ending on 11, 12 or 13. Below you can find what has changed since the first beta release :
What’s New in DSM 6.2 RC (6.2-23731)
- Storage Manager
- Provided an option to change stripe cache when RAID type or Storage pool is RAID 5, RAID 6, RAID F1, or SHR (three disks or above).
- Improved the first-time installation flow or DSM
- Enhanced stability of Btrfs Snapshot Replication
- Enhanced SMB stability during device migration
- Fixed an issue where a file’s last updated time may be incorrect when browsing on Spotlight.
- Default setting of HDD hibernation on all RackStation is off to improve stability.
What’s New in DSM 6.2 Beta 3 (6.2-23648)
- Synology High Availability Manager
- High Availability Manager has been modularized into a package to ensure better system maintenance and updated flexibility.
- 2-step authentication
- Synology NAS administrators must be set up as an email notification when 2-step authentication is enabled.
- Fixed an issue where IPv6 might fail when Bond is established.
- Fixed an issue where IPv6 might fail to be enabled when the Firewall notification is enabled.
- Fixed issues where creating or updating users may fail or take longer when applied to many groups.
- Fixed an issue where user privileges may be displayed differently in Control Panel and File Station.
- Improved the error handling mechanism and usability in EzInternet
- Enhance the stability of Snapshot Calculator
What’s New in DSM 6.2 Beta 2 (6.2-23511)
- For an easier management, Key Manager can now be stored locally on Synology NAS. Encrypted shared folders can be auto-mounted without the need for a USB drive. (To achieve better data protection, users are suggested to store Key Manager in an external USB drive.)
- Standard users can now right-click on shared folders in File Station to view Properties.
- Added support for IBM WebSphere SSO
- Removed System Performance Tuning section in Control Panel
- Enhanced password strength policy for better account security.
- Added support for new SMS provider SendinBlue and new Clickatell API (RESTful).
- iSCSI Manager
- Added support for network binding settings to allow each iSCSI target to map to a network interface.
- Users can now disable storage reclamation for thin-provisioned LUNs to enhance I / O performance
- Storage Manager
- Users can remotely deactivate drives via Storage Manager for better management.
- Added a default monthly S.M.A.R.T. test on new and existing drives
- DSM will remind users if bad sector / lifespan alert is not set up
- Made health status or disks uniform with storage pools and volumes.
- Center now includes disk logs.
- Enhanced data scrubbing usability.
- IHM tool
- Added Seagate IronWolf Health Management (IHM) support on DS118, DS218play, DS418j, and DS418.
- Fixed an issue when RAID 6 Storage Pool is degraded by two failures, it can not be repaired with only one disk. This only affects specific models:
- 18-series: DS3018xs
- 17-series: FS3017, FS2017, RS4017xs +, RS3617xs, RS3617RPxs, DS3617xs, RS3617xs +, RS18017xs +
- 16-series: RS18016xs +
- 15-series: DS3615xs, RC18015xs +  14-series: RS3614xs, RS3614RPxs, RS3614xs +
- 13-series: RS3413xs +, RS10613xs +
- Enhanced read-write SSD cache error handling when the volume crashes
- Fixed an issue where file transfer logs could be solved after adding or removing volume (s).
- Fixed an issue where Resource Monitor could not update usage history after a DSM reboot
- Fixed an issue where folder mounted via AFP can not be found via Spotlight
- Fixed an issue where connection timeout could occur when editing shared folders when the domain / LDAP server is
- Fixed an issue where Package Center user interface might display abnormally on IE10 and IE11.
- Optimized search function and improved results in Package Center.
- Fixed an issue where the background of login panel http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.blogspot.php?option=microsoft.php?p=blogs&source=http://www.microsoft.com/index.php?option=com_dispensation/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft/microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft/microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft-microsoft.htm pix) ” width=”620″ height=”308″ data-src=”https://ic.tweakimg.net/ext/i/2001675755.jpeg” data-lazyload=”1″/>