Ricoh has for his GR Digital III-digital cameras released new firmware with version number 2.10. These cameras have a 10 megapixel 1/1.7″ CCD image sensor and a digital zoom of 4x. The corresponding list of changes is as follows:
Added the following enhanced features:
The detailed information is available in a PDF document.
- New Noise Reduction Option : MAX
The MAX option has been added to the [Noise Reduction] in the Shooting menu.
- New Bracketing Options : AE-BKT 1/3 EV and AE-BKT 1/2 EV
Auto exposure bracketing up to 2.0 EV becomes available. The order of exposure variations can also be configured.
- New feature : Trim
Trimming a captured image in the camera becomes available. The trimmed image is recorded as another file. the [1:1] aspect ratio can be selectable while trimming.
- New White Balance Options : Incandescent 1 and 2
Originally there was one option for incandescent light in White Balance, but [Incandescent 1] and [Incandescent 2] become available. [Incandescent 2] will result with slightly warmer than [Incandescent 1]. The original [Incandescent] has been replaced by [Incandescent 2].
- New feature : Shutter speed Auto Shift
when the [Shutter Speed Auto Shift] is set to [On] in the S mode, the camera will automatically adjust shutter speed for optimal exposure in the case that the selected shutter speed by the user will result for over exposure or under exposure.
Modified the following phenomenon:
- In the M mode, when [One Press M Mode] > [Aprtr Priority] is selected, a shutter speed may vary when aperture is changed. Modified them not to vary shutter speeds.
- Reviewed flash emitter conditions at flash Auto in the S mode.