Nvidia has released new stable GeForce/Ion drivers. The drivers are version number 331.82, and are suitable for Windows XP and higher, with separate downloads as usual for 32bit and 64bit environments. The 331.82 release is specifically for the games Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and Need for Speed: Rivals. Furthermore, in the 331 series, Nvidia has again managed to improve the performance of the GeForce 400, 500, 600 and 700 series graphics cards. The release notes also mention new sli and 3d vision profiles.
This 331.82 Game Ready WHQL driver ensures you’ll have the best possible gaming experience in Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag and Need for Speed: Rivals. These Game Ready drivers will also provide performance enhancements in a wide variety of different games.
New in GeForce R331 Drivers
Performance Boost – Increases performance by up to 50% for GeForce 400/500/600/700 series GPUs in several PC games vs. GeForce 327.23 WHQL certified drivers. Results will vary depending on your GPU and system configuration. Here is one example of measured gains:
GeForce GTX 770/780/TITAN/780Ti:
- Up to 50% in Metro: Last Light
- Up to 26% in Crysis 3
- Up to 18% in Battlefield 4
- Assassins Creed IV: Black Flag – Updated Profile
- Path of Exile – added profile
- Natural Selection – updated profile
- Assassin’s Creed IV: Black Flag – “Good”
- Enables GeForce ShadowPlay™ technology
- Call of Duty: Ghosts – added TXAA support (disabled FXAA)
- Installs new PhysX System Software 9.13.0725.
- Installs HD Audio v22.214.171.124
- Installs GeForce Experience 1.7.1 (v126.96.36.199)
- Includes support for applications built using CUDA 5.5 or earlier version of the CUDA Toolkit. More information here.
- Supports OpenGL 4.4 for GeForce 400-series and later GPUs.
- Supports DisplayPort 1.2 for GeForce GTX 600 series GPUs.
- Supports multiple languages and APIs for GPU computing: CUDA C, CUDA C++, CUDA Fortran, OpenCL, DirectCompute, and Microsoft C++ AMP.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, DirectX 11, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel and AMD motherboards.
The following downloads are available:
nVidia ForceWare 331.82 whql for Windows XP (desktop version, 32bit)
nVidia ForceWare 331.82 whql for Windows XP / 2003 Server (desktop version, 64bit)
nVidia ForceWare 331.82 whql for Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (desktop version, 32bit)
nVidia ForceWare 331.82 whql for Windows Vista / 7 / 8 (desktop version, 64bit)
|Version number||331.82 WHQL|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
121.00MB – 244.00MB