Version 22.00 of XYplorer has been released. This file manager for Windows has tabs, an extensive search function and a versatile preview. The program is small and does not need to be installed to do its job. The user interface can be set up entirely to your own taste and there are various options for automating tasks that often occur. A standard license costs forty dollars. For that, the program can be used forever, but you only get updates for a year. For double you will also receive the updates forever. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- Column Layouts. Now you can load predefined and custom column layouts with just one click. Instead of laboriously collecting special columns, the photo column layout, for example, shows the date the photo was taken, dimensions, aspect ratio, exposure time, exposure compensation, F-stop, focal length, ISO sensitivity and camera model in no time at all. The audio column layout gives you length, sample rate, bit depth, bit rate and channels. You can adapt the column layouts to your particular needs.
You will find the “Column Layouts” button in the toolbar. If not add it via Tools | Customize Toolbar… (Ctrl+Shift+F9).
- maximum depth. Now you can easily narrow the search recursion depth. Eg maximum depth 2 means: Search at the current location and 2 levels deeper.
- Sorting Search Results. The new “Always sort search results this way” option lets you control exactly how all of your search results are initially sorted. Sorting column, sorting direction and even secondary sorting are supported.
- Add Tabs Using Drag & Drop. Now you can turn a folder into a new tab by simply dragging and dropping it onto the empty part of the tab bar or the gaps between two tabs.
- Autosize Columns Here. Now you can limit the automatic adjustment of the column sizes to the currently visible rows. This has two advantages: You don’t get super-wide columns for something that’s miles out of sight, and it’s much faster with long lists.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2019|