Version 0.98.2 of XnView MP has been released. This free program allows images to be viewed and edited. MP stands for Multi Platform, which means there are versions for Windows, Linux and macOS, each with separate downloads for 32bit and 64bit environments. XnView MP uses the same source code for Windows, Linux, and macOS; functionality and appearance of the individual versions are therefore virtually the same. This includes support for unicode, full-bit depth images, an easier way for translations, and a better database. The following improvements have been made in this release:
- 1996: New tags/categories system
- 1994: Paint: arrow keys to move object
- 1993: Edit mode: ‘Save as’ on close confirmation dialog
- 1990: RIOT support (edit mode)
- 1985: Watermark feature in view mode
- 1984: Capture: copy to clipboard option – more info.
- 1981: Text feature in edit mode
- 1976: libJPEGXL v0.3 – break compatilility with v0.1
- 1995: XRecoil
- 1992: Transfer: missing fields – more info.
- 1991: XMP:subject
- 1989: Save JPEG with extended XMP – more info.
- 1988: & in tab title – more info.
- 1987: Image scaled on HiDPI screen – more info.
- 1986: ‘Estimated quality’ not always displayed – more info.
- 1983: Batch clean metadata – more info.
- 1982: MacOS: column size – more info.
- 1977: Image in low resolution sometimes with Bicubic/Spline/Lanczos filter – more info.
- 1980: Additional ‘.’ to folder copied
- 1979: Sometimes crash in folder pane
- 1978: Strange image display when zoom
- 1975: Search: between 2 same dates – more info.
- 1974: Batch Convert: nconvert & rotate – more info.
- 1973: Setting View>Show rating – more info.
- 1972: EXIF Exposure time
- 1971: Film simulation removes metadata – more info.
- 1970: Color depth: ‘Apply to image’ not canceled – more info.
- 1969: Similar: Wrong similarity after sort – more info.
- 1968: Change color depth & 32 bit picture – more info.
- 1967: GIF bad image size – more info.
- 1966: Strip: Spacing & row number – more info.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, macOS, Windows 8, Windows 10|