RAR Labs has released the third beta release of version 5.60 of its archiving programs RAR and WinRAR. This popular compression tool is available for various operating systems, including Windows, Linux and macOS. The program can handle the most common formats – including rar, zip, cab, arj, lzh, tar, gz, ace, uue, bz2, jar, iso, 7z and z – has a skinnable interface, and support for Zip64 and multivolume -cab files. Since the first beta version of 5.60, the following changes and improvements have been made:
Changes in version 5.60 beta 3
- “Put each file to separate archive” option always as an archive extension to archiving file extension. So filename.ext is archived to filename.ext.rar instead of filename.rar
- Thicker borders or tree panel and comment window to make their resizing easier.
Changes in v5.60 beta 2
- “Extra large buttons “option in” Settings / General “selects 64×48 toolbar buttons.
- ” Restart “option is added to” Advanced / When done “list in archiving dialog.
- -ioff4 switch can be used to restart PC after completion archiving or extraction.
- Since it may take a lot of time to display contents of large tar.bz2 and tar.gz files, WinRAR displays the complete in the status bar while opening such archives.
- Bug fixed: previous The following downloads are available:
WinRAR 5.60 beta 3 (32bit)
WinRAR 5.60 beta 3 (64bit) )
RAR 5.60 beta 3 for Linux (32bit)
RAR 5.60 beta 3 for Linux (64bit)
RAR 5.60 beta 3 for FreeBSD
RAR 5.60 beta 3 for macOS