A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 6.3. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 27,746 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Better debugger support in the NT syscall interface.
- WineGStreamer library converted to PE.
- Still more WinRT support in WIDL.
- Optional support for build IDs.
Bugs fixed in 6.3 (total 24):
- 3591: py2exe needs partial imagehlp.BindImageEx implementation
- 17184: Achieve Planner 1.9.0 (.NET 1.1 app) requires explicit native override of mscoree.dll or mscoree.dll.StrongNameSignatureVerificationEx faking success
- 21234: Monopoly Deluxe (Zylom Games) v1.0 installer crash at the end of the installation
- 32742: Logos 4.x-9.x Bible software web-installer fails download files via BITS (client registered job notification callback not called)
- 35637: Seagate Crystal Enterprise 8.0: ‘inputfileserver.exe’ service needs [email protected]@[email protected]
- 40748: 32-bit iTunes 126.96.36.199: Unusable UI
- 44629: Process Hacker can’t enumerate handles [needs NtQuerySystemInformation(SystemExtendedHandleInformation)]
- 45132: CommonObjects tool (.NET app) from Google sandbox-attacksurface-analysis-tools v1.1.x needs ‘ntdll.NtQuerySystemInformation’ to support ‘SystemExtendedHandleInformation’
- 45374: Yet Another Process Monitor (.NET 2.0 app) reports System.AccessViolationException (‘ntdll.NtQueryObject’ needs to support ‘ObjectTypesInformation’ info class)
- 46238: Cxbx crashes on unimplemented function vcomp140.dll.C2VectParallel
- 46962: Macromedia Director Player 4.x based games (16-bit NE) fail to run: “This program requires at least 4MB free memory to run.” (The Rock)
- 47507: Regression: can’t return to full-screen Civilization IV BTS window after Alt+Tab-ing to desktop since wine 4.10
- 48618: Multiple applications show black client area on startup (Wargaming.net Game Center, Electron based apps)(‘–disable-gpu’ command line parameter is a workaround)
- 49689: WRC 4 crashes on loading a race (needs IXACT3EngineImpl_PrepareWave implementation)
- 50150: ODBC applications fail to create DSNs due to ‘odbccp32.SQLWriteDSNToIni’ stub
- 50581: Far Manager v3.0: cursor position is off by one
- 50620: Multiple applications crash due to DHTMLEdit ‘IOleObject::GetMiscStatus’ stub (Atomic Mail Sender 4.25, RSSeditor 0.9.54, High Impact eMail 5)
- 50652: Steam enters endless restarting cycle after launching any game
- 50653: Wine fails to build with clang-10.0 as a crosscompiler
- 50670: wineg++ cannot compile programs using shobjidl.h as of Wine 6.2
- 50672: .toString() implementation VT_CY behaves as if .toLocaleString() was used
- 50701: Multiple 32-bit ARM Thumb-2 applications cause loader to output warnings during relocation processing (Miranda, Notepad2)
- 50713: Commit a8856381ed9 (“ntdll: Use xsavec in x86_64 syscall dispatcher.”) breaks 64-bit Wine (wine-6.2-264-ga8856381ed9)
- 50723: Can’t recognize … as an internal or external command, or batch script
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|