A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 5.6. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API and allows you to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris, and macOS. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 27,041 titles at the time of writing. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
What’s new in this release:
- Still more Media Foundation work.
- Improvements to Active Directory LDAP support.
- A few more modules converted to PE.
- Improvements to gdb proxy mode.
Bugs fixed in 5.6 (total 38):
- 1920: Passmark 7.0 2d benchmark tests fails without native gdiplus
- 21466: Multiple applications need NtQueryVolumeInformationFile ‘FileFsVolumeInformation’ class support (AVG Free 8.x/9.x Antivirus Edition, MSYS2)
- 24784: Explorer++ displays disabled toolbar icons incorrectly
- 27324: Cossacks II (DotEmu version) refuses to start from its install directory (path too long?)
- 30810: Keygener Assistant 2.x: main window has incorrect size and contents are all black
- 31207: Monogram GraphStudio v0.3.x crashes when using Graph->Insert Filter
- 33290: Fullscreen games cause panning configurations to be generated on some NVidia proprietary drivers
- 34014: Star Wars KOTOR II: The Sith Lords: Movies/cutscenes do not play with opengl on
- 37029: Evernote 5.5.x – unable to capture webcam note
- 37043: Keyboard input broken in Roblox Player
- 37051: Roblox Studio embedded webpage does not load consistently or properly using built-in winhttp
- 38856: LEGO Lord of the Rings crashes randomly
- 41610: ChurchBoard: Trying to create a window(about 3 minutes). And the error takes off.
- 41740: Diablo 3’s mouse sprite stops moving, but the mouse is still working.
- 42072: Dead Space (Steam) crashes on save with “divide by zero” error
- 42479: MYOB Accounting v18.5.x crashes on startup
- 43704: Contacam crashes
- 47083: MySQL 8.0.x community installer (.NET 4.5.x app) fails to configure mysql, needs support for WS_AF_INET6 in ‘iphlpapi.GetExtendedTcpTable’
- 47109: WineVulkan ICD isn’t registered in wineprefixes
- 47362: Media Feature Pack for W10N requires rtworkq.dll
- 47794: Rockstar Games Launcher installer button images do not display
- 47825: Webex Meetings crashes
- 48611: Cairo Shell v0.3.x (.NET 4.7 app) crashes due to missing ‘HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindows NTCurrentVersionWinLogonShell’ registry sub-key
- 48623: Error authenticating to LDAP controller
- 48729: Binary Domain has misplaced text in configuration tool with builtin d3dx9_43
- 48766: Late Shift doesn’t work properly
- 48778: Star Wars: The Old Republic crashes shortly after intro screen
- 48788: null pointer in wined3d_palette_set_entries with Diablo GOG
- 48798: RegCloseKey: Uninitialized read from get_language_sort
- 48806: Panzer Corps 2 needs [email protected]@@[email protected]
- 48816: The explorer doesn’t support ‘/cd’ option
- 48832: Magic The Gathering Online: client does not start due to long file names since 2020-03-25 update
- 48838: Wine fails to build wldap32 if LDAP is not installed
- 48844: Magical Scramble Demo 1.20P shows white boxes instead of pictures.
- 48846: msvcr90/tests/msvcr90.c: error: variadic functions must use the base AAPCS variant
- 48888: error: redefinition of typedef ‘_onexit_t’ [/dlls/d3dcompiler_33]
- 48897: Building fails with ‘/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -ldl’
- 48902: Warframe launcher fails to replace updated Launcher.exe the first time (works when Retry option pressed, as Launcher.exe deleted first time)
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, macOS, Solaris|