A new development build of Wine has been released with version number 1.7.48. Wine is an open source implementation of the Windows API. The software makes it possible to run DOS and Windows programs on Linux, FreeBSD and Solaris. A large group of developers contribute to Wine and it has been decided to release a new so-called development version every two weeks instead of waiting for a number of new functions to be ready. A stable edition is published a few times a year. The database with applications that work under Wine, with or without the help of minor adjustments, contains 22,462 titles at the time of writing. Below you will find what has been changed and improved in this release.
What’s new in this release:
- Fleshed out OpenMP implementation.
- I/O stream support in the MSVCIRT C++ runtime.
- Support for pixel snapping in DirectWrite.
- More support for OpenGL core contexts.
Bugs fixed in 1.7.48 (total 39):
- 11059: Sid Meier’s Railroads Demo crashes on startup
- 16519: EssentialPIM: Bold text not rendering correctly
- 17506: Achtung die Kurve: Game doesn’t start
- 18191: Notepad corrupts files saved as utf-8 without a byte order mark (BOM)
- 19289: Gtk+/Pango based applications have ugly font rendering or crash on startup
- 19666: Multiple applications start wrong executable if whitespace present in name (‘ShellExecute’ doesn’t quote executable name)(FoxitReader 3.0, GTA2 Manager)
- 22399: Quake III Arena installer: Text area is scrolled at the bottom, and all text is selected
- 26439: Chernobyl terrorist attack demo crashes on start
- 27238: Tesla: The Weather Man demo: movement keys not working (GetKeyState should fallback to GetAsyncKeyState for threads without message queue)
- 31063: Crash bug after finishing conversion in FormatFactory
- 31643: Multiple games and applications crash on unimplemented function vcomp.dll._vcomp_fork (Gothic 3 demo, NeXTA)
- 31984: Multiple games need d3dx9_36.dll.D3DXComputeTangentFrameEx (Starlaxis, Chernobyl Terrorist Attack Demo, The Endless Forest 3)
- 32227: P2kCommander v6.0.0 crashes on startup (Wine’s ungif reports app .gif image as broken)
- 33153: DirectX11 games need d3d11.dll.D3D11CreateDeviceAndSwapChain (ARMA III Alpha, Strike Suit Zero, Stalker CoP, Perspective)
- 33989: iexplore.exe crash when logging in to www.roblox.com
- 34356: Multiple applications fail to install or crash on startup due gdiplus enumeration/query failure for GIF encoder support (Magnus 2011 translation dictionaries, Collectorz.com Movie Collector v9.x)
- 34939: Dragon NaturallySpeaking does not run in 64-bit version
- 34947: Creo Elements/Direct Modeling Express 4.0 InstallShield based installer shows oversized “installation completed” setup wizard window
- 35493: IMVU shows loading bar, but will not start.
- 35534: Oblivion: very loud/distorted/horrible collision sounds
- 36336: NaturallySpeaking doesn’t work with alsa or pasuspender
- 36966: Turkey – Europe/Istanbul timezone is not detected
- 37129: Clang Static Analyzer: Buffer Overflow
- 37281: Lord of The Rings Online: Crashes
- 37449: Lexware Quicken 2014 Deluxe reports error 0x0000054f on startup (Promon Shield DRM needs RtlDecompressBuffer with COMPRESSION_FORMAT_LZNT1 support)
- 38027: HyperStudio 5 (.NET 4.0 app) fails to start, reports ‘tiff_get_decode_info unhandled grayscale sample count 2’
- 38697: wineconsole: Cannot enable or disable Insert Mode through user dialog
- 38712: win-key press incorrectly recognized
- 38735: Windows Performance Analyzer from Windows SDK 8.1 Windows Performance Toolkit crashes due to ‘IDWriteFontFace::GetGdiCompatibleGlyphMetrics’ stub
- 38806: Starcraft Campaign Editor does not scroll to bottom after copying a trigger
- 38848: valgrind shows several uninitialized values in dmime/tests/dmime.c:test_track()
- 38895: Multiple applications fail to load or crash due to incorrect security cookie randomization by loader (IrfanView WebP plugin, Word Viewer 2007)
- 38904: Ufo Aftermath launcher hangs on start (missing “HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\OpenGLDrivers” registry key)
- 38908: PlanetSide 2 v5.2.4.x launcher process exit causes wineserver crash
- 38913: valgrind shows some definite leaks in d3drm/tests/d3drm.c:
- 38914: valgrind shows uninitialized memory in dlls/dwrite/tests/layout.c
- 38925: ipstats.c:1992 runtime error: index 32 out of bounds for type ‘char ’
- 38937: Bully: Scholarship Edition crashes on starting a new game (needs vcomp.dll._vcomp_for_static_simple_init implementation)
- 38952: PDF-Xchange Viewer crashes when we launch OCR
|Operating systems||Linux, BSD, Solaris|