Version 1.690 of Webmin has been released. With this program a Unix-like system can be maintained and managed from a web browser. For example, it is possible to maintain user accounts, to change settings for Apache, Mysql and dns, and to create file shares. Webmin consists of a simple web server, supplemented with various CGI programs written in Perl 5. The software is released under the BSD license and is available in various flavors from this page to download. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
- Several security fixes for XSS attacks in popup windows.
- Added the Fail2Ban module, for blocking the IP addresses of systems that have many failed logins.
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Catalan from Jaume Badiella and Norwegian updates from Stein-Aksel Basma.
- Fixed handling of the url_rewrite_children directive in the Squid module to support all the process count options.
- Improved Ubuntu 14.04 support.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8|