Version 1.660 of Webmin has been released. With this program a Unix-like system can be maintained and administered from a web browser. For example, it is possible to manage user accounts, to change settings for Apache, Mysql and dns, and to create file shares. Webmin consists of a simple web server, supplemented with various CGI programs written in Perl 5. The software is released under the bsd license and is available in various flavors, from this page to download. Since version 1.600, the following changes and improvements have been made:
Changes in version 1.660
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Catalan from Jaume Badiella, and Norwegian updates from Stein-Aksel Basma.
- Two-factor authentication support using either Google Authenticator (TOTP) or Authy.
- Added an option to use perfect forward secret ciphers for SSL, which protects traffic even if the Webmin private key is composed.
- Added limits on output size and command run-time in the Command Shell module.
Changes in version 1.650
- Fixed bugs in the Apache and Software packages module.
- Added the ability to change the execution time of Webmin scheduled functions.
Changes in version 1.640
- Even more German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Norwegian updates thanks to Stein-Aksel Basma, Polish from Piotr Kozica, and Catalan from Jaume Badiella.
- UI consistency improvements in the Linux Firewall and Xinetd modules.
- Support for new Apache 2.4 features, such as IncludeOptional, the removal of NameVirtualHost and use of apachectl to get enabled modules.
- Improved error detection and better handling of disks that don’t start on cylinder 1 in the Fdisk module.
- Support for growing a logical volume to the maximum size possible in the LVM module.
- Fixes for total and free memory detection under OpenVZ / Virtuozzo.
- Mandriva Linux improvements in the Bootup and Shutdown and other modules.
- Fix for a bug that could cause /etc/webmin to be deleted following a failed upgrade on Debian.
- Improved support for FreeBSD 8, bringing it into sync with FreeBSD 9.
Changes in version 1.630
- More German translation updates thanks to Raymond Vetter, Polish translation updates from Piotr Kozica, and Norwegian updates thanks to Stein-Aksel Basma.
- Added support for the real SPF record type in the BIND module.
- Created a new Partitions on Local Disks module for FreeBSD, which can handle BSD slices, partitions and disk labels.
- Improved support for interface configuration and startup commands as used on FreeBSD 9 in the DHCP Server module.
- Added support in the Logical Volume Management module for moving an LV to a different device.
- Added support for IPv6, DHCP and new ethernet device names on FreeBSD.
- In the Software Packages module, added support for updating and installing packages from FreeBSD ports.
- Improved support for FreeBSD partitions in the Disk and Network Filesystems module.
- See the github commit log for more.
Changes in version 1.620
- Norwegian updates, thanks to Stein-Aksel Basma, Catalan updates, thanks to Jaume Badiella, German translation updates, thanks to Raymond Vetter, and Polish translation updates from Piotr Kozica.
- Fixed an XSS attack in miniserv error messages, and added an option to disable SSL compression to defeat the BEAST attack.
- The LDAP attribute userPassword for users and groups is no longer set if not needed.
- Bridges not connected to any interface can be created in the Network Configuration module.
- Webmin scheduled functions can now be viewed and run in the Webmin Configuration module. Also fixed a problem in which a long-running function could prevent Webmin from restarting.
- Init scripts that hang forever when asked for their status will no longer hang the UI in the Bootup and Shutdown module.
- Added a form in the Webmin Configuration module for testing mail server settings.
- Added BTRFS support to the Disk and Network Filesystems module, and removed some obsolete filesystems.
- Improved support for FreeBSD 9 and 10 in the Apache and filesystems modules.
- Support for custom quota files in the Disk Quotas module.
- Handle the case where the root filesystem is on /dev/root (as seen on CentOS 5.9) in the Disk Quotas module.
- Added links from the System Information page to relevant modules, and a display of CPU and drive temperatures.
- Improved detection of in-use ports when changing the Webmin port.
- Added XZ compression format support in the Filesystem Backup module.
- See the github commit log for more.
Changes in version 1.610
- A new module for iSCSI Target configuration, and fixes to the iSCSI client and server modules.
- Even more German translation updates, thanks to Raymond Vetter.
- Catalan updates, thanks to Jaume Badiella.
- Changed all links to DNS zones to use the zone name instead of an index, to prevent incorrect modification during concurrent access to the module.
- Added support for the new ifconfig -a output format, as seen on Fedora 17.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, BSD, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8|
|License type||Conditions (GNU/BSD/etc.)|