TransMac is a very useful program for the Windows platform if you also use Macintosh computers. It can read, write or format files from Macintosh format CD-ROMs, hard drives, floppies and removable drives (FireWire/IEEE 1394, USB, Iomega, Zip, Jaz, Clik, SyQuest, etc.) without any problem. on this page all options are neatly listed. The developers have provided us with version 7.3 in the new year which has the following changes:
- Support for more .dmg disk image formats.
- Added Tools menu item to expand compressed .dmg image files.
- Support for HFSX volume format.
- Support for case sensitive file and folder names under HFSX.
- Added “Open as Text” entry to “File” and right-click menu in Mac and PC file lists. The file will be opened in Notepad.
- Fixed problem restoring file dates on HFS+ volumes.
- Creation date is now restored along with modification date.
- Fixed problem translating end line codes in text files.
- Fixed problems with Unicode composites in file names.
- Fixed some problems with Mac formatting.
|Operating systems||Windows 9x, Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP|