ConeXware has released an update for PowerArchiver 2015. This archiver can handle common archive types, such as zip, 7z, cab, lha, tar, gzip, bzip2, rar, arj, arc and ace. In addition, it can read CD and DVD images such as iso, bin, img and nrg.
PowerArchiver is available in a standard, a professional and a toolbox edition, with prices ranging from 20 to 45 euros. The standard version gives you a comprehensive archiving program. Professional adds, among other things, a backup function, an Outlook plug-in and the ability to create ISO files. Finally, the Toolbox edition comes with a one-year license for BitDefender Internet Security, can burn optical discs, create virtual disk drives, and is an sftp client.
New in version 2015 is, among other things, the far-reaching integration in Windows. For example, various actions can now be performed directly from the Windows explorer, without having to start the PowerArchiver program. The complete release notes for this release are as follows:
Here is the list of changes:
- Improved Installer – Pin to Taskbar option can now be deselected if needed.
- Improved progress in Backup – Added better progress while copying completed backup from temp to another drive.
- Improved SFX support – Improved detection and extraction of several different types of SFX archives.
- Improved task scheduler – Improved task scheduler in Backup.
- Improved filters – Improved filters in Backup.
- Added AttachmentCloud beta – Added AttachmentCloud beta service to PA Cloud Browser.
- Extended Secure FTP timeout – Extended ftp timeout options.
- Delete your settings on Cloud – You can now delete your stored settings on Cloud.
- Over 50 various different improvements and issues fixed – Various small improvements in all applications and various fixes for reported issues.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 8, Windows 10|