ConeXware has released version 14.02 of PowerArchiver. This archiver can handle common archive types, such as zip, 7z, cab, lha tar, gzip, bzip2, rar, arj, arc and ace. In addition, it can read CD and DVD images such as iso, bin, img and nrg. PowerArchiver is available in a standard, a professional and a toolbox edition, with prices ranging from 20 to 45 euros.
The standard version gives you a comprehensive archiving program. Professional adds, among other things, a backup function, an Outlook plug-in and the ability to create ISO files. Finally, the Toolbox edition comes with a one-year license for BitDefender Internet Security, can burn optical discs, can create virtual disk drives, and is an sftp client. New in version 2013 include support for encryption via OpenPGP and the new RAR 5.0 format. In addition, there is integration with Amazon S3 and Microsoft Azure cloud storage services, and zip file editing has been optimized to use less power on laptops. This update also includes the following improvements:
Here is the list of changes:
- Updated PowerArchiver Cloud – Significant update to the core engine as well as the GUI of PowerArchiver Cloud application. Brand new core engine makes accessing clouds with thousands of files much faster than before – for example 10,000 files on SkyDrive used to take up to 7-8 minutes, now it is several seconds to access. Similar improvements to other clouds such as Amazon S3, Microsoft Azure, Google Drive and Dropbox. GUI was also improved to look more like full application, with icons in the file list and “…” shortcut for easier browsing. Full help and YouTube video tutorial added.
- Windows XP security fix issue – One of the Microsoft Windows XP security fixes from December 10th 2013 prevented PowerArchiver from starting due to missing dependency (unusual and probably not intended from MS to break compatibility). This has been fixed in 14.02.
- Support for Ultra compression in Drag and Drop – Added support for Ultra compression strength in Drag and Drop window.
- Updated Translations – Brand new Korean translation, as well as updated Hebrew and Simplified Chinese translations.
- Improved format support – Improved format support for RAR, TAR, 7zip. Added support for IPK files.
- Various other small improvements – Total of 25 improvements/bugfixes implemented since previous release.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 8|