Pidgin has been updated to version 2.7.1. This multi-protocol instant messaging program can handle the networks of AIM, Bonjour, Gadu-Gadu, Google Talk, Groupwise, ICQ, irc, MSN, MySpaceIM, QQ, Silc, Simple, Sametime, XMPP, Yahoo and Zephyr. During installation, you can choose from as many as seventy different languages and add spell check. Binaries are available for Windows, but the source code can be compiled under Linux and integrates well into Gnome and the KDE SC. The Mac OS X port is released under the name Adium. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- Build fixes on OpenSolaris. (Brian Lu)
- Add configure option –enable-trayicon-compat which installs tray icons into directories that are compatible with older versions of hicolor-icon-theme (0.9).
- Restore the tray icon’s blinking functionality.
- Fix a crash setting moods when an account is disconnected.
- Fix a crash on disconnect.
- Fix bug that caused HTML to be displayed in incoming messages.
- Fix unnecessary bandwidth consumption for buddy icon requests when buddies have capital letters in their passport addresses.
- Support for direct connections, enabling faster file transfers, smiley and buddy icon loading. (Gabor Szuromi)
- Allow connecting to servers that advertise EXTERNAL (broken in 2.7.0)
- Replace the MXit-specific mood management with the new standard Moods API.
- Add the standard MXit emoticons.
- Improve the handling of users being kicked from MultiMX rooms.
- MXit doesn’t allow you to see your buddy’s Email Address or Title, so remove those two fields from the “Buddy Information” page.
- Show buddy’s Registration Country in their profile.
- Increment protocol version to v6.0
- If an invite you sent was rejected with a reason, display that message in the buddy tooltip.
- CAPTCHA value is a required field during account activation. (Resolves issue on Maemo)
- When your avatar image is changed, don’t forget the user’s profile information.
- Fix a regression introduced in 2.7.0 that caused Window Flashing not to work.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Linux, Windows XP, Solaris, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|