PassMark Software released BurnInTest version 6.0 build 1010 on Tuesday. This program puts the various parts of the computer to work in order to test the reliability and stability of the system. The software is available in a standard version and in a professional edition, the latter of which is available in both a 32-bit and a 64-bit version. The professional edition is able to test more hardware, including tape drives and the parallel and serial ports and the USB ports. In addition, the memory tests in the Pro version are more extensive. More information about the differences between them is here to find. The changelog of this release shows the following changes and improvements:
Changes in version 6.0 build 1010:
- Correction to the reporting of the Windows 7 operating system.
- Changes to the CPU measurement algorithm to better raise Core i7 and some newer Xeon CPUs to a higher power state before taking the measurement.
- Changes to the EXECUTEWAIT script command to wait indefinitely (rather than up to 20 minutes).
- The user can now specify Plugin test errors 184 and 187 can be ignored, if they deem these errors are not significant for their Plugin.
- Corrections to the data saved in the clipboard.
- New build of Rebooter included in package, V1.3.1003.
- Increased trace 2 logging for the CPU and 2D video memory tests.
|Version number||6.0 build 1010|
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows XP x64, Windows Server 2003 x64, Windows Vista, Windows Vista x64, Windows Server 2008|
|File sizes||5.11MB – 5.66MB|