Version 7.8.5 of Notepad++ has been released. This comprehensive text editor has various features that are especially useful for programmers, such as syntax highlighting for C, C++, Java, html, XML and php, among others. The program also offers the possibility to edit more than one document at the same time or to maintain one document in two different places. If you want to use the latest version, you have to download it yourself. Notepad++’s built-in updater only offers updates a week after they appear, in order to be able to fix any serious bugs. The following improvements have been made in this release:
Notepad++ v7.8.5 bug fixes & enhancement:
- Fix “Monitoring” not detecting all file changes issue.
- Fix auto updater disabling not working regression.
- Fix Notepad++ doesn’t exit correctly while Windows 10 update restart.
- Make Count command in Find dialog respect Backward-direction and Wrap-around options.
- Make Find dialog remember its position across runs.
- Add the document size column to the Windows Selection dialog.
- Make “View Current File in(browser)” commands macro recordable.
- Add external sound control capability for unsuccessful search (in Find dialog) bell.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|