Locktime Software has released a public beta release of NetLimiter version 3. With this program all incoming and outgoing network and internet traffic can be monitored. The program is available in three different versions, namely Monitor, Lite and Pro. The first is free to use, but only displays information. The other two cost seventeen and thirty dollars respectively, but can also do more, including setting the allowed bandwidth per application or process. A clear difference between the three versions is on this page to find. NetLimiter works on all Windows versions from 2000 onwards. Below are the release notes for this beta release:
Brief list of main NetLimiter 3 features follows:
- Internet traffic blocking/limiting/monitoring. Any rule like limit etc can be scheduled via our new rule scheduler.
- Advanced internet traffic statistics (Stats plugin is not part of this release).
- Advanced filter system. Filter is defined by any combination of applications, ip and port ranges, protocols, users and zones.
- Compatible with all Windows systems from Windows 2000 to Windows 7 including x64 editions.
- User privileges based on Windows security.
- Remote administration (Read more later).
- Custom internet traffic zones.
Features which will be added during BETA testing:
- Stats plugin UI
- Advanced TCP/IP testing tools (packet loss and latency simulation etc.)
- WHOIS, ping, etc.
- IPv6 support.
- Internet traffic priorities.
- Settings and stats import/export functionality.
- And many more…
|Version number||3 beta 1|
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008|