Florian Heidenreich has released version 3.17 of Mp3tag. With this program, the meta tags of the most common music formats can be modified. Support is available for ID3v1, ID3v2.3, ID3v2.4, mp4, wma, Vorbis comments and Ape tags. Furthermore, the file names can be adjusted based on those tags and playlists can be generated. Since version 3.15, a separate 64-bit version is also available. The changelog for this release looks like this:
- Added option to set startup folder to empty, previous, or favorite.
- Added option to prefer genres from tags in list at Tag Panel.
- Added contextual cover operations to main menu at Edit → Cover.
- Added support for selection and rearranging of multiple actions in action group edit dialog. (#48422)
- Added CATALOG NUMBER to list of default fields for new installations. (#57717)
- Added digital signature to Explorer shell extension.
- Updated TAK to 2.3.3 and added 64-bit support.
- Use natural sorting for metadata field names at Tag Sources confirmation dialog. (#57572)
- Updated Brazilian Portuguese, Catalan, Chinese-CN, Czech, Hebrew, Italian, Slovak, and Spanish translation.
- Dark mode wasn’t properly detected on Windows 10 build 19045.
- Direct editing field in file list was applied to wrong file when simultaneously filtering by changing filter over unfocused filter via via mouse scroll wheel. (#57638)
- Filter deleted via manage lists dialog remained active. (#57602)
- ID3v1 genre number at ID3v2 TCON frame was not translated for ID3v2.4. (#57855)
- Issue in File Explorer shell extension under Windows 11 were nothing happens in rare cases due to an internal error visible through the Windows Event Log. (#57575)
- Leftovers in 32-bit registry view were not removed when installing 64-bit version (since v3.16).
- Manage lists dialog extended selection when ticking checkmark. (#57483)
- Manage lists dialog still showed items that were previously deleted via Shift+Del. (#57545)
- Removing files with non-natively supported file extensions was not reflected in file list. (#57763)
- Runtime error when deleting filter expressions and format strings in some cases (since v3.16a). (#57704)
- Selection at action group dialog always included previously selected action group when adding or duplicating action groups.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|