Mozilla has released version 2.21 of SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is the continuation of the former Mozilla Application Suite and consists of a web browser and programs for e-mailing and reading news. A simple HTML editor is also provided. Unlike the Mozilla Application Suite, SeaMonkey is maintained by the community, while the SeaMonkey Council oversees maintenance. The changelog for this release looks like this:
SeaMonkey specific changes
- Implemented an option to thread messages received by date.
- Allowed deletion of news posts by default.
- Implemented optional taskbar preview-by-tab.
- Added support (permission prompt) for desktop notifications.
- Added Isn’t operator for searching by Priority.
- see the changes page for a more complete overview.
Mozilla platform changes
- Support for new scrollbar style on Mac OS X 10.7 and newer.
- Accessibility related improvements on using pinned tabs (bug 577727).
- Major SVG rendering improvements around Image tiling and scaling (bug 600207).
- Removed support for sherlock files that are loaded from application or profile directory.
- Support for W3C touch events disabled (bug 888304).
- Fixed several stability issues.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Linux, Windows XP, macOS, Windows Vista, Windows 8|
23.40MB – 46.70MB