Microsoft has released version 16.1.2 of Visual Studio 2019. This popular programming development environment has useful options to make programming easier in Visual C++, Visual Basic, C#, F#, Python and R, among others. The complete list of the changes in the 2019 edition can be found in the accompanying release notes. The changes and improvements made in version 16.1.2 are listed below for you.
Summary of issues addressed in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1.2
- XAML designer for UWP – control properties not displayed
- UWP XAML designer doesn’t update elements on updating XAML code
- XAML properties and document structure
- Properties window not showing the properties when clicking an object
- Unable to see properties of any items
- Installation error when trying to connect to the Mac: “The Xamarin.iOS version installed on ‘x’ (188.8.131.52) is newer than your version”.
- Fixed right click solution name in titlebar VS crash bug.
- Improved performance for customers with the Azure workload installed.
- Corrected errors during restore and build on SDK-based projects that use 3rd party SDKs to target UWP platforms.
- Fixed a bug in C# compiler where it was not properly warning customers about incomplete interface implementations.
- Improved error messaging in Visual Studio Tools for Kubernetes.
- Fixed error when adding a comment in PR for SymbolCheck.
Summary of Issues addressed in Visual Studio 2019 version 16.1.1
- Custom tasks with default contextType via tasks.vs.json are broken in Open Folder.
- No snapshot created for C++ native code in Memory Usage tool in the Diagnostic Tools window while debugging.
- Crash in VS 16.1.0 when pressing the link “search online”.
- Fixed the issue where sometimes certain features (ie Find All References) in LiveShare guest session do not work.
- Fixed an issue where the devenv.exe process could hang around after shutdown of Visual Studio for up to 30 seconds.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|