Media Player Classic is a small no-frills media player with the look and feel of Windows Media Player 6.4. After Gabest, the original creator of MPC, ceased development, several projects were created based on the open source code. Home Cinema and Black Edition are the best known of these. MPC – BE can handle the most common media formats, has support for hardware acceleration and can be used in more than 25 languages. Version 1.6.4 has been released and contains the following changes and improvements:
MPCStreamReader (MPC UDP/HTTP Reader)
- Added support for HLS Live.
- Fixed playback of VOB files with an incorrect empty block at the beginning.
- Faster navigation for Blu-ray files, added support for keyframes.
- Optimized calculation of unknown frame rate.
- Removed option to read aspect ratio from video stream. This option is not required when playing DVD-Video.
- Implemented correctly output of YUV 4:2:0 and 4:2:2 formats when odd sizes are specified for the video stream.
- Improved operation of D3D11 Copy Back and NVDEC decoders in some situations.
- Added support for MEDIASUBTYPE_av01.
- Color management now works for 10-bit surfaces as well.
- Subtitle delay is now applied on pause.
- Fixed display of symbols in some external fonts.
Youtube and other online services
- Fixed work with yt-dlp on some sites.
- Use “ffmpeg.exe” to merge individual video and audio files obtained using the “Save As” command.
- Disable SSL certificate verification in yt-dlp.
- Improved support for online playlists.
- Fixed display of text with “&” symbols in the “Information” panel.
- Fixed LAV Splitter freezing when watching some Live broadcasts.
- Fixed detection of “dxva2cb” mode when using LAV Video Decoder.
- Fixed player crash during frame-by-frame navigation at the end of playback.
- Compiling the installer requires InnoSetup 6.1.0 or later.
- Updated installer translation files.
- Added the ability to install “MPC Video Renderer 0.6.3”.
- Added the ability to offline install previously downloaded components.
- Updated German translation (by Klaus1189).
- Updated Turkish translation (by cmhrky).
- Updated Spanish translation (by pruebaz).
- Updated Catalan translation (by pruebaz).
- Updated Japanese translation.
- Added Croatian translation.
- dav1d git-1.0.0-45-ga029d68;
- ffmpeg git-n5.2-dev-506-g5c217119c8;
- Little-CMS git-lcms2.13.1-70-gf3f6b7b;
- MediaInfo git-v22.06-34-g90e59c5ed;
- ZenLib git-v0.4.39-12-gde2787a;
- nanosvg git-bd16c4e.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows 11|