Version 4.0 of Matomo has been released. Matomo, formerly Piwik , is an open source alternative to Google Analytics . It uses PHP and a MySQL database to do its job. The functionality can be easily expanded with plug-ins , of which more than twenty are included. Of course you can also turn it off if certain functionality is not required. For more information about Matomo, please refer to this page . The release notes for this release look like this:
What’s new?Matomo 4.0.0 has been in the making since January 2020 and we’re proud to finally release this to you all. There are many changes, including security and privacy improvements and other breaking changes, most notably:
- Matomo 4.0.0 requires PHP 7.2.5 (better security and performance)
- Log importer now requires Python 3.x (Log analytics)
- Auth tokens used to authenticate API calls now need to be generated, and can be revoked. Any existing token_auth in Matomo 3.x will be migrated so any token_auth you already use will still work
- Page generation time metrics are now deprecated and replaced by new Page Performance reports
- Support for Offline tracking in JS Tracker (beta)
- LoginHttpAuth plugin is no longer supported (we welcome someone to fork & maintain the plugin in the future)
- Page titles, event names, event category, page URL, etc. are now truncated after 4096 characters ( more info )
- Security: More secure storage of tokens: the `token_auth` and session ID are no longer stored in plain text in the database.
- Security: When embedding reports (widgets) into a different site, it is no longer possible to use authentication tokens of users with at least write access ( more info )
- Segments: “Not contains” and “Not equals” segment comparison now behave differently ( more info )
- PHP tracker client: exceptions are now thrown on errors ( more info )
- Database tables will now use UTF8 encoding (utf8mb4) which means for example that emojis will now be correctly tracked in URLs. Existing Matomo 3.x databases will need to be converted to utf8 manually .
- Older browsers like IE6 or IE7 are not tracked anymore by the JS Tracker (browsers that don’t support JSON API)
- IE 10 browser is not longer supported in the Matomo App user interface (IE 10 is still supported and tracked in JS Tracking)
398 tickets have been closed by more than 35 contributors!
|Operating systems||Script language|