Malwarebytes has released version 1.40 of Anti-Malware. This program is the successor to RogueRemover. It is similar to Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware, but focuses not on fighting spyware and adware, but on removing malicious software that pretends to be a bona fide antivirus or antispyware solution, but actually has less good intentions. As with Ad-Aware, there is a paid variant that offers additional functionality, including real-time protection. The changelog of this release shows the following changes:
- Support for Bosnian and Korean languages.
- IP blocking protection – never connect to a malicious website again!
- Scan log now includes whether computer is in safe mode or not.
- New command line parameter: /debugsave (see help file).
- Runtime error on program start.
- Improved memory usage during scan.
- Minor updating issue.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|