Malwarebytes has released version 1.39 of Anti-Malware. This program is the successor to RogueRemover. It is similar to Lavasoft’s Ad-Aware, but focuses not on fighting spyware and adware, but on removing malicious software that pretends to be a bona fide antivirus or antispyware solution, but actually has less good intentions. As with Ad-Aware, there is a paid variant that offers additional functionality, including real-time protection. The changelog of this release shows the following changes:
- Scanner returns error codes (error levels) for batch file users.
- Protection module now logs errors and threats to a log file.
- Installer uses /updateshowdialog now instead of /runupdate.
- /runupdate no longer displays program update dialog. Only /updateshowdialog does.
- Problem removing registry items with (default) values.
- Minor issues with 32-bit context menu. (64-bit coming soon).
- Multiple significant issues with protection module.
|Operating systems||Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista|