Malwarebytes has released version 4.2.0 of its anti-virus program of the same name. This program is aimed at fighting malware, such as malicious software that pretends to be a bona fide antivirus or antispyware solution, but in reality has less good intentions, such as ransom– or scareware. In addition to the free version, there is a paid variant, which offers additional functionality, including real-time protection. In this release we find the following changes and improvements:
- You can now filter out Reports with no detections from the Reports list.
- Frequently asked questions have been added to the Help page.
- Improved detection and remediation.
- Improved performance.
- MB4 doesn’t exit play mode if the application is terminated forcibly.
- Reboot is required in case malware detected on Hot swap SCSI volume.
- Backslash in the end of Custom installation path cause incorrect exception.
- Assorted issues with Scan Reports management, fail to delete or select under certain circumstances.
- Several other user interface (UI) issues.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10|