Paramount Software has released an update to Macrium Reflect. This program can create a disk image of a partition or hard disk. In addition to the free version, there are also paid performances those different extras such as being able to create a file backup or an incremental backup, encryption and restore from a backup to hardware other than the one on which it was created.
From version 7.1 the free version may now also be used in commercial environments. Furthermore, there is Image Guardian, which protects backup files against unauthorized modifications, improvements have been made to virtual images and several issues have been fixed. The following changes and improvements have been made in this release:
Bug fixes and Improvements:
- Exchange backups could crash after completion if the log file couldn’t be written to. This has been resolved
- On system startup an incorrect pop-up dialog box could be shown by ReflectUI.exe. This has been resolved
- Images created by ‘foreign’ systems (not the same PC) could fail to enable the ‘Boot Image’ functionality in Reflect. This has been resolved
- We’ve improved the security of MIG by enhancing the malicious injection of threads into running processes.
- Minor performance and stability enhancements.
Rescue Media Builder
- On some systems with dynamic disks, it was possible for the location of the PE files to be incorrectly set, causing boot menu entries to fail. This has been resolved.
- On USB-based rescue media, un-checking the “Check for devices missing drivers on boot” checkbox and rebuilding would sometimes not make the rescue media stop prompting for missing drivers. This has been resolved.
- When building Technicians media, failing to create autorun.inf will no longer cause the rescue media creation to abort.
- If the Windows ADK version 1607 was installed but a 64-bit PE 10 zip file was used to build rescue media, any subsequent 32-bit PE 10 builds would not prompt for an updated wim but would always use the 1607 wim from the ADK. This has been resolved.
- RMBuilder could fail to detect a new version of Windows RE after a Windows update. This has been resolved.
|Operating systems||Windows 7, Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2012, Windows 8, Windows 10, Windows Server 2016|
|License type||Freeware / Paid|